Monday, September 8, 2008

My Life

I thought that it would be good to let you all in on what God has placed upon my heart. In the past year God has begun a work in me that He started when I was young. In fact, the name of the blog comes from my grandparent's experience on the field. Through that heritage and many others I have developed a passion for seeing the Kingdom of God grow all over the world. For the last 8 years I have felt the Spirit’s leading in missions, but for the first 5 of them it was in a more short-term missions role. I have had the opportunity to see missionaries on the field in multiple countries and my passion for seeing God glorified in this work has grown immensely. Currently, I have felt the Spirit leading me away from where I have been, and leading me into where he wants me overseas. I have been searching out the Lord’s guidance and step by step He has opened a door in Papua New Guinea!

3 comments:

DuPar Family said...

Love the blog!! Excited for your new adventure!

Freckles said...

can't wait to hear more

Danielle said...

wow, laura!! i am so excited for you. png definitely holds a place in my heart as well. i will totally be praying for you!