Wednesday, May 26, 2010

~ May ~

This May I spent a lot of time cooking on the weekends for camp. During one week I hosted our Bunco group at my home. It was so much fun. Katie and I took some shots of the decor before everyone got there. I made two Thai dishes; a Thai Massan Curry and Green Chicken Curry. They were so delicious. I'm on a Thai kick this month. Not sure what I'll be in the mood for next month. Oh wait, I'll be living in the camp kitchen....probably won't be cooking anything extra curricular.

It was a Thai food theme, and I put banana leaves around all the tables which looked pretty cool. 

The High Table


 
Katie cooked up some yummy veggies for us.


I try and get out around camp a lot during the week either running/walking, hiking, horseback riding, or whatever. One evening Katie and I adventured out into the canyon on the property to check out the creek. It was full of gorgeous views and we would have stayed out way longer if it wasn't for the mosquitoes that were eating us alive!!

 
 Sweet pool that looked fun for swimming.

 
There are Manzanita trees all over camp, and they are my favorite trees because of their beautiful red new growth that weaves around the dead branches from the fire...

 
I loved how the sun was pouring through the trees on the creek.


In the beginning of the month we had my parents over for dinner. It was so nice to have a great place to invite people to. Katie and I enjoy entertaining when we have the opportunity (sadly doesn't happen enough).


1 comments:

DuPar Family said...

Love this post!! Your house is co cute! And Bunco up there was great!! You are a wonderful hostess!!